Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, May 21, 2012

Tue DO's Day

Just got done making my list of to do's and it just so happen to be for Tuesday. Hardy Har Har. ;)


One thing I wanted to blog about and that's been on my mind quite frequently as of lately is my health. I'm really starting to feel the physical shift in my age. While I'm rocking the mom role, raising a two year old, while just recently graduating with my master's in speech pathology, I'm really starting to feel the energy levels decrease with the day to day demands of it all. My eye sight is becoming just a hair shy of being poor, the little things I use to do to "stay in shape" are no longer effective in keeping a 29 year old body toned. My skin is no longer taut as it once appeared, and about a month ago I discovered my first REAL gray hair. However, if you know me, you know that for the last six months I've acquired a more natural hair color from my previous bleach blonde look. So it may be so that the gray hairs have been there for some time, it's just that I'm just now starting to show my true colors.


Today my chiro hubby reexamined me after several months of undergoing sporadic chiropractic treatments. You'd think being married to a chiropractor I would be completely and perfectly in line with no symptoms of headaches or back pains. Well, it all goes far beyond an occasional ache here and there and notice I said "sporadic treatments". While chiropractic care is great for those fender bender whip lash incidents; the healing powers (which inevitably I've learned is just a stepping stone to providing the body with the tools it needs to heal itself) allow for life changing, disease preventing intervention. It's really cool  (a total understatement).


I'm writing this blog as more of a reminder for myself to come back to. I also tend to carry things out much better if I put them in writing first. It helps me remember things I guess. Part of my "Tue Do's Day" list consisted of a Max T3 work out + a venture out to walk the dogs. This is twice the workout my body has been deprived of in the last few months as my final REAL semester in graduate school just about exhausted me mentally which in turn did not leave much room for physical relief (exercise).


There are two other major factors that I'm planning on taking on outside of exercising.
1- eating better. My body doesn't respond as well to the grains and sugars as it use to. I could go on and on about things I'm learning about these two "dieatary" elements, but it's a long hard process to eliminate the two things that the majority of us are severely addicted to. I will leave you with this and elaborate more another time, but the grains and sugars cause serious inflammation in your body which unfortunately result in disease and decomposition. An aging body should be healed and restored with good fats, proteins, and omegas... not filled with foods that make it break down at a faster rate. Like I said I'll write more on this  later , but I still have a lot to learn and if I said much more I would sound like a total hypocrite considering the things I've been feeding my body lately.


2- I promised my hubs I would make an effort to use spinal molds on a daily basis, making them a part of my daily routine. This sounds like such a little to do, but it took me over 6 months to just make a trip down town to pick them up from my friend who's house I left them in upon moving out. So we only had the one pair between Ben and I. Since he was already in the routine of using them, on most nights he used them. To use the spinal molds, most often one lies on them while in bed, falling asleep on them. This means no spinal mold time for ol' Kels. Well, I got mine back... so there. Now I have no excuse.


3-.... which I didn't mention a third in earlier writing, but I will also need to make the commitment to be adjusted on a regular schedule. This means committing to going to see my husband 3x a week for the next 3 months.




This will be a genuine journey that I am about to embark on. While it may not seem exciting for some, it will be a transformation to say the least. While you may not be able to see the changes on the outside, everything will be happening from within, which I've always heard is where true beauty comes from. What could be more beautiful than feeling good and living life to the fullest!? I'll keep y'all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment