Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sweeter than this?

This Valentines day I'm planning on making my sweetie one of his favorite sweets: Brownies. Yes, my hubby is a simple man, but he is far beyond ordinary. For the last 4 days Ben has been on an intense detox. The program has consisted of consuming only one green vegetable a day. He's eaten nothing but zucchini (day 1), celery (day 2), broccoli (day 3), and cucumber (today). Tomorrow he is finishing the detox with eating only sugar snap peas (one of our house favorites). His liquid intake consists of only drinking CLEAN- highly filtered water and 4 Clear shakes a day (contains 15g of protein).  I'm so proud of him for sticking with it. One of the first things he noticed was how great his skin looked on his face. Just glowing- as if he wasn't already ;). Most of you that know him see Ben as an extremely happy extrovert, always holding a glass that is half FULL! The detox has definitely taken a toll on energy and had made him seem... well, not himself. Who could be overtly enthusiastic about barely eating, but he's managed very well.  He has one more day to go before his first "real" meal. We'll be going out for some delicious sushi! I'm not sure who's more excited- but probably him. I wanted to share all this along with the Brownie recipe that I'll be preparing for those of you who might be considering a dreaded, gulp, "DIET". Dieting doesn't have to be miserable. In fact you can enjoy many of your favorites while taking in to account a few considerations. Maximized Living has been a wonderful company for our family to fall into. And we are very excited to share with everyone we know the amazing things we are learning, living and loving. Hope you'll try this recipe with me, and let me know what you think! Cheers & Happy Valentines Day! 


*all of my comments will be denoted by parentheses ( )
* also note that I mentioned the glycemic index. It is important to consume foods low on the glycemic index when trying to lose weight (i.e. substituting coconut flour and Almond meal for regular flour. As regular flour pretty much turns to sugar as soon as it hits your tongue).
-KB



Brownies

Ingredients
1/3 cup Organic Virgin Coconut Oil (unrefined) or butter, melted (unsalted- organic preferably).

½ cup cocoa powder

6 eggs (all natural, free range)

1 cup sugar (i'm substituting 1 tsp of liquid stevia- an all natural sweetener that is very low on the glycemic index- very important for losing weight- I purchased my bottle at Kroger- in the natural foods section, about $9.00 but lasts a looooong time!)

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon vanilla

½ cup sifted Organic Coconut Flour- (found most often at natural food stores. I bought mine for $5.50/can... also lasts a long time). 

1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)





MMMMM... I can't wait! I'll post a picture if I remember! Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment