Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Look Mah- HANDS!!!

Austyn has proved to be progressing just fine. Her vision is sharpening. I know not because I'm an optometrist, but because for many countless minutes, Ben and I took turns walking in and out of the kitchen, following Austyn's gaze as she remained fixated on us. We were amazed. She will turn her head when we call out her name, and she pretty much smiles on demand now as opposed to just a reflexive smile. Would it be too obvious to say we are soooo smitten? 






Ben mentioned the idea of putting her on her tummy more now, as her legs are getting stronger. Her neck is also incredibly strong -must be all those great adjustments she's been getting from her daddy ( oh! some of you are new to my blog, and may not know our whole story, Ben is a chiropractor in Springdale Arkansas. He loves his job and is wonderfully talented with the talents God has given him). I placed AG on her jungle gym today, which she loves, and managed to catch some video of her on her tummy. Little did I know I was about to catch a FIRST for us. Yes, she rolled over. No big deal you might say, but these little milestones, are reassurance for me as a parent that she is growing, developing, and just plain enjoying being a baby. =) Here's some footage of what I captured.
 



Another new development underway is the coordination of Austyn's hands to objects. I noticed within the last week how she'd graze her mobile toys that hang from just about everywhere we place her. Its pretty cool to watch her zone in, reach out, and be reinforced with the noise of the rattles that hang above her head. If that wasn't enough, I recently started to hear random sucking noises. She figured out that her hands make a great passifier. Its quite amusing to be driving down the road and hear her little mouth go to work.


She's adorable, biased I know, but it's so rewarding to watch all these new things taking place in her life. To say we're enjoying being parents is an understatement. We know that God gave her to us as a gift, and feel privileged that He trusts us to take care of her here on earth. What a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment