Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 9, 2010

3 months & happy


Hey Everybody!! Lots to post about since our last entry 3 weeks ago.Austyn is now a happy 3 months old, weighing in around 11.5 Lbs, and full of smiles. Her personality is really starting to shine. She loooooves to be called pretty.I can't imagine why! 

 Sleep is definitely hit or miss, which seems to be the running topic among friends who are in similar baby boats. They ask, "how ya sleeping?". Ben usually cracks a small smile, and I'm sure they usually see my face grimace at the thought of achieving a less desired 5 or so hours a night. The days pass quickly though, and sleep, as good as it sounds, doesn't seem to matter when you awake in a early morning daze, to see your little girl delicately grin back up at you once she realizes you've come to her rescue. Though I may struggle from exhaustion at times, those are the moments I'd rather remember. 

Speaking of sleep, look at how similar these two look when they rest: 
<----------------


When Austyn was first born, no one could figure out who she looked like. She did and still does, look very similar to me (Kelly) in my baby photos. Though as she rapidly grows, she's beginning to resemble daddy as well. I think he's exceptionally good looking so no complaints there.

Ben obviously is posing here, but I think the resemblance is too sweet. 

July was a full month for us. We traveled to Mountain Home for a special ONE YEAR celebration party, for our nephew Drew. What a sight! I'm looking forward to Austyn getting to play with her cousin. It'll be interesting to see what kind of trouble they get into. Here's Drew enjoying his much deserved birthday cake! 

After the bday party, I asked Ben to take me down to Bull Shoals state park. I'm so glad I did. It was a relaxing retreat to the river. We had the opportunity to get a family picture. The fog was crazy and continued to rise while we were there. We'll be returning with friends to this spot for Labor day weekend. 
7-17-10




Back to Austyn. One of things I've been getting a kick out of lately is watching her in her chair. She LOVES the purple hippo that hangs above her head. I'm so glad that I got this video of her playing:

My mom thought it was so cute that she decided Austyn needed a bigger purple hippo to play with whenever she wanted.



THANKYOU, BB! We love it!


















All in all, the Summer has been good to us. We've maintained parenthood strictly from home, but looking forward to the several trips that are approaching very soon: camping, Little Rock, Heber Springs, Kansas, Jonesboro, and finally, a trip to Galveston. It'll be a busy couple of months, but the vacays will be much appreciated!

A few more pics to share and we'll wrap this thing up for today-

 
An angel in the outfield. At daddy's game.


A pretty girl indeed

father- daughter
turning into a blondie- watching the cowboys with daddy

Last one for today-This one makes me laugh everytime. So far we haven't been able to pull off the huge headbands that we see other babies so fashionably sport. This is AG having a little fun with a gift bag bow. Ok, so maybe it was funnier to me than her. Poor thing. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment