Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Our One Month Old Daughter!

So it's been a month. May 6th, 2010, one of three of the best days of my life thus far, Austyn Grace was born. Everyone asks, "how is it?", "Do you sleep", "how's nursing?".... and I can honestly answer that all of the above have been amazing. Amazing obviously entails overcoming the challenges that come with the experience. Feeding Austyn has been interesting. I'm just obtaining my pain tolerance that comes with a successful latch, but she's eats for close to 30 to 45 minutes and has definitely put on an extra pound or so. No colicky bad days, up to 8 (non-consecutive) hours of sleep at night. However, we're only getting up once, so great news there. 

Ben has been so kind to dismiss me for about an hour or so a few days a week to allow myself to get back into the gym.  It feels wonderful to get back to my old routines, slowly, but surely. I've lost 23LBs of the 30 total gained in my pregnancy and I've made it ultimate goal to get back in pre-pregnancy shape well before the summer is over. 

Enough about me, Austyn has completely lit up the nights and days in my life. I'm completely attached to her and it feels incredible to feel so needed. I feel so happy and alive, having brought a child into the world with my best friend, and loving husband. 

Not everyday is perfect, parenting and still getting acclimated to the newly wed life is a challenge at times, but ultimately it feels so great to say Life is Good!

1 comment:

  1. We were so excited to see pictures! Cherish every moment...time goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete