Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, April 16, 2010

Notes from the Nest:

     

So I realized upon reading my last blog that I may have had a little bit of hostility behind my words. I guess truth of the matter is, I am getting nervous about delivery and hearing the concerns of my loved ones really freaks me out. Much of the coping skills and pain management that I'll be using during all stages of labor is just positive energy, breath control, imagery/visualizations, massage, etc. And when people place negative images in my head or try and make me doubt my well thought out decisions, it just gets me down. 

Today is a better day though. Anxiety is something that I've struggled with in the last 6 years and at this point there's just not much room for it in my life. I'm overwhelmed with joy of what's to come! I can't believe in just 3 short weeks or so we'll be meeting our baby girl face to face. 

This morning I awoke to the loud breaks of the dump truck coming around the corner to pick up trash and recycle bins at 5 mins til 6am. Of course we forgot to put out trash last night. So I bolted out of bed to get it out on the curb in time. Those guys must think I'm crazy running out there in my pjs, hair in disarray, wearing my husbands huge flip flops! This is not the first time I've done this. Needless to say the energy rush made it impossible to go back to bed. So I went to Austyn's room, sat in the middle of the floor, and sorted out her 100 + outfits we were given by Megan and niece Ellie Kate. She has the cutest little Razorback polo and bloomers that are laid out and ready to sport at the next big HOGS event here in town! We can't wait! I then proceeded to make a huge breakfast and Ben awoke just in time to enjoy it with me. Eggs, bacon, baked cinnamon apples, orange juice, fresh coffee (for him- I had my "Materna-tea") and half a cinnamon raisin bagel. I already feel better than I did starting off yesterday which consisted of a sugar rush of a meal. 

Today we will head over to Mountain Home to visit with Ben's mom and sister. Brother Dave and Papa (Ben's dad Bill) are in West Virginia or maybe D.C. by now spreading Dave's talent and story to the nation. The Tourette Syndrome Association had Dave come and be a spokesperson for their national/annual conference and then it was arranged for him to head over to D.C. to possibly sing in front of congress!!! So many blessings he's received since appearing on American Idol. We are so proud of Uncle Dave! I'm a little leery of traveling two hours away from home and told by friends frequently that its not a good idea to be traveling more than an hour away at any time in your third trimester, not to mention 3 weeks before delivery. I know we'll be taken care of while visiting, and I'm really looking forward to the time spent on the river. There's something about resting outdoors that is so calming and opens your mind. 

I picked up some photo albums from Dad's house while in Little Rock last weekend. I couldn't believe how little I was when they took me on my first beach trip or my first camping trip. There's one really cute picture of me at about one year old perched in a backpack carrier sitting on the ground in front of our green, family sized tent. Wearing a huge smile, I appeared to be so content out in the woods surrounded by loved ones. I'm grateful that my parents took us on these trips at such a young age. They're also my favorite and oldest memories of all of us together. I'm really looking forward to our first trip with Austyn into the great wide open and I know if she's anything like me or her daddy she'll love it all and have a wonderful appreciation for the great outdoors as well. 

I'm going to get on with my day- laundry, pack, groceries, gym (if I don't crash before then) ;) 

Good day!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment