Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting closer!

So I have a few pix to update on here. Time goes by so fast! It seems like yesterday was valentines and now the first day of spring has already come and gone! It's pretty neat to see the progression from the last belly photo to now.

7 mos





















7.5 mos















8 mos





















Ben has been staying really active these past few weeks. He's joined a men's basketball league out of Rogers, AR. We attend two games a week. He's definitely an asset to the team and seems to really enjoy getting the chance to play so much! The second picture was of him shooting the winning basket after being fouled with less than a few seconds to spare. Final score: 72-71 blue!
Austyn likes to kick as I cheer him on... hmmm, future cheerleader? ;)









Also, several have asked what exactly is the theme of Austyn's room. I didn't have intentions of a set theme other than I wanted it to be gender neutral so that we may pass on bedding to our future boy :) and it was also important to me to try and incorporate numbers, alphabet, print, etc. The 'theme' of her bedding is alphabet soup. I like it a lot and the room is beginning to be very colorful (and eclectic haha) We have tons of blankets now that people have made and bought for us. I think the running total is 2 quilts, 2 afghans, and at least 3 other fuzzy baby girl blankets. They're all precious! The main things I'm lacking now for her room are a rocking chair and some artistic ideas for the remainder of the walls. I painted her name on 6 separate canvases the other day when it snowed. Yes, snowed. This past weekend welcomed in the first day of spring and Northwest Arkansas accumulated nearly nearly 8-10". I will be so happy to see the trees budding and green grass returning soon! For now just counting down the days!



Austyn's Room:



March 21, 2010



























This last photo was taken last Thursday, March 18th, 2010 at our bi-weekly check up with Maria, our midwife. Maria is absolutely wonderful! She's kind, gentle, and knows exactly what she's doing! I've still been receiving some concerns about using a midwife at home for childbirth instead of the "conventional" ways of rushing off to a hospital. I've also received a great deal of support from others and that helps a lot; especially this late in my pregnancy as time gets closer to D Day! I've posted in some previous blogs information about Maria, her practice, and some videos of home births. Mostly what you'll need to know is that I (and Ben) are most comfortable with this option. Sure I'm a bit leery of not receiving the pain medications, but I've never given birth before. I have nothing to compare it to. I do know that it's been done by MANY women and for centuries before me. Maybe it's because I'm extremely hard headed and stubborn (as I've learned from other generations, are strong Hamilton characteristics), but I really want the feeling of empowerment and knowing that my baby was safely brought into the world with a clear and conscious mind. Plus, being born into water is suppose to be extremely safe and a peaceful welcoming for the child. I have no idea what to expect and have been told that no one woman can compare her birthing experience to another. So at this time I'm keeping a very open mind and a hopeful heart for a successful remainder of my pregnancy. If in case there is an emergency, our midwife will be well aware of what to look for and signs of when I should go to the hospital if needed. But in our minds, a hospital is for emergencies and that's where we will go if in case one arises. I ask for your support and prayers along the way. We are very excited about Austyn's arrival and can't wait to get THOSE pictures posted soon! :)


Love you all and will keep you posted!

Kelly, Ben, and Austyn

No comments:

Post a Comment