Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, March 18, 2011

words of encouragement

Psalm 3:3-6
But You, O LORD, are a shield for me, My glory and the One who lifts up my head. I cried to the LORD with my voice, And He heard me from His holy hill. I lay down and slept; I awoke, for the LORD sustained me. I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people. Who have set themselves against me all around.

Today, I need these words of encouragement. First of all, Lil A is quite sick. She's had fever for over 24hrs now. Poor baby. Doing our best to keep her comfortable. 

Being a mom, is just one of the fancy hats I put on every day. As you know, I also do a magical balancing act of being a case manager for 20 clients around the north west arkansas area, and I'm also a full time graduate student. Everything, I thought, was going beautifully! I've often patted myself on the back before going to bed at night to say a job well done on all the above. However, today, I got slapped with some awakening news. I got wait listed, after being told I was a shoe in basically, for formal admissions into the graduate program here at the U of A. I'm crushed. Most of the staff have been open armed to me since my arrival with the exception of one professor (with whom I honestly thought I was making head way). I was told by the director that there was some talk of my dedication to the program (by one professor in specific-wasn't hard to figure that one out) and they wanted to wait list me until the end of the semester to see how I pan out. I seriously can't believe it. Not because I'm THAT confident that I rock as a graduate student, but because I feel like I'm being penalized for being a hard working mom. Those were even their words, that because I'm working and a new mom that I may not have graduate school as one of my top priorities. 

I'm trying to see that God is creating an opportunity for me to shine and blow their low expectations away. But being totally honest with myself, and you the reader, I often am troubled with unexpected challenges, and sometimes start to lack motivation when the going gets tough. Is this what they want to happen? After all, I was given an ear full about how my fellow (27 other) classmates were completely perturbed about a new girl coming in and adding one more number to their already large graduate class. So strange considering the warm and pleasant experience I had in graduate school at Jonesboro. To say this was all unexpected would be an understatement. 

I'm am going to do my best to take all of this as a huge welcome basket and share my fruits and labor with those around me. God, my family, and true friends will help see me through this!

1 comment:

  1. Do not get down Kelly! You are an excellent mom, wife, student, and person. We love you and will be thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete