Follow on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Whooooo Pig Sooie!


Oh yes! So I just recently got accepted as a student at the University of Arkansas. I'm officially an Arkansas Razorback! Whoo! (Pig, Sooie!)

Friends and family urged me to seek a meeting with staff to see what the chances would be of me completing my masters in speech pathology at the UofA. Since applying to the university 2 years ago, and being kindly rejected, I had little hope of the possibility of continuing my education here; especially since I had already completed almost 36 previous hours at Arkansas State University, in Jonesboro- almost 5 hours away. I had come to grips that come January 1, 2011, I'd be parting ways with my husband of one year to complete the 2+ semesters of coursework with our 8 month old in tow back in Jonesboro. The task seemed dauntingly impossible. 

So I did as my peers encouraged, and set up a brief interview with the Nurse and Health professions director. Ben kept Austyn, both waiting in the lobby for the news. I was amazed at how energetic this woman was at exploring all the options of me enrolling at the school as soon as possible. It was very apparent that God was working diligently, making sure this all panned out to the desire of my heart. With some tweaking of the schedule, and review of my transcripts, she assured me I was a shoe in. Hallelujah! 

With all this being said, I'm now proudly shouting from the rooftops, that I will be residing in Northwest Arkansas. Austyn will remain in close proximity with her daddy, and I'll be thanking the good Lord that all is happening for a very good reason! Go, Hogs, GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment